Preparing Your Items For Transfer
There are a number of steps you can take to significantly reduce the time required to place an order.
Determine Titles (Up to 40 characters per title)
We offer free titles on all transfers to DVD and CD. To reduce time required in-store or the need for followup calls on mail-in orders, prepare your titles in advance. Titles may be up to 40 characters in length (including spaces). Custom titling and custom disc faces are available for an additional fee. You can use this character counter to assist with creating titles.
|Video Tapes||Titled individually or by group.|
|Audio Tapes, Records||Titled individually or by group.|
|Slides, Photographs, Images||Titled by group or project.|
|Film||One title per project. Additional titles/groups extra.|
|Phone/Video Camera||Titled by project.|
- An accurate count will greatly speed up your order placement time.
- When counting items, check for empty boxes and pre-existing damage.
- Remove any notes or temporary labels that may become lost or separated from your items. (e.g. post-it notes may not re-adhere properly if removal is required to transfer)
- Photograph your items to remember organization and provide context if we have questsions during transfer.
- Organize slides and photographs. Boxes/envelopes/albums should be labeled with quantities. This will assist with providing accurate price estimates and ensure items quantities match when the transfer is complete.
- Slides and photographs should be grouped by alike types and sizes.
Establish Sort Order
- If items need to be labeled and or sorted in a specific order, this must be done before drop-off.
- Slides and photographs should be sorted front-to-back and separated into smaller groups (in plastic bags, boxes, rubber-band groups and/or envelopes).
- Post-it notes or other temporary adhesives should be avoided as they can easily fall off before the transfer take place. A sharpie or masking tape is preferred.